As you guys may or may not be aware of, its Domestic Violence Awareness month.
#DomesticViolence is nothing to play with and many women lose their lives at the hands of their abuser.
Some women equate violence with love and that couldn’t be more wrong and quite frankly a deadly way of thinking.
Just because a man brings you gifts and swears he loves you after he has humiliated and beaten you…doesn’t make it true. A man that truly loves you would never hurt you in such a horrible way.
More often than not, we as women tend to ignore the obvious signs of his potential abusive nature.
There are red flags that will let you know from the beginning if he’s capable of hurting you.
Abuse comes in many forms, so you should know that just because he’s not hitting you doesn’t mean he won’t KILL you!
Below I’m going to list some Red Flags that you shouldn’t ignore…..
- He’s overly Possessive…needing to know your every move.
- He doesn’t want you to have contact with your family or becomes jealous when they’re around.
- He dislikes your friends for no apparent reason
- He bottles up his anger and takes it out on you in spiteful ways such as, putting you down, withholding affection and ignoring you.
- He uses money and other women to control your emotions
- He doesn’t respect your boundaries
- He gets angry and punches walls and calls you out of your name.
- He starts off with insults, then its pinching, biting, slapping, choking or restraining you against your will.
- He tries to have complete mind control over you
- He tells you, he’s the only one who loves & wants you!
Please pay attention to these warning signs that he could be violent.
Abuse comes in many forms:
Mental (I think this has to be the worse type of abuse)
We’ll discuss the different types of abuse in our next blog.